Do Indians leave India to become rich?
While this is a popular opinion, it’s not always true.
Following are some of the reasons:
- Except for USA and handful of other countries, in other countries, an average person wouldn’t earn enough to become rich in say five to six years time.
- As other answer points out correctly, the exposure in India is limited. Thus to explore more options, like better research opportunities people migrate to more developed nations.
- The work environment in India is not particularly impressive. Thus many people think their career would be better off abroad.
- The frustration towards how things work in India is another motivator to find a better standard of living abroad.
- The constant societal pressure to earn more money and own a bigger house is difficult to handle for many. Thus the escape route.
- Finally, if you ask me, to live in Europe, it’s in itself is a reason. The weather, the lifestyle, the infrastructure etc is nothing short of impressive.
However, all these things do not come easy. There are tremendous challenges in staying abroad. As I always say, it’s not all roses after all.
Leave a Comment